West Islip Garage Door Openers
With all of the technological advances available to us nowadays, having a reliable garage door opener has become a very beneficial addition to our homes. The average West Islip resident opens and closes their garage door over 1500 times a year. It’s safe to say that garage doors are quickly replacing front doors as a home’s primary entrance and exit point. All of that use can potentially cause a lot of wear and tear on your garage door and its opener. There are ways to add significant quality and span of life to your automatic opener. Taking just a few minutes out of your day can prevent costly repairs and replacements. Here are a few tips on properly maintaining your garage door opener.
Garage Door Opener Maintenance Tips
- Checking Batteries- A weak signal in your remote control could be something as simple as dead or dying batteries. Periodically check your remote control batteries and replace them as needed.
- Auto Reverse Sensors- Every few months, check and adjust the auto-reverse sensors. This can be done by opening your garage and placing an object in the way of the sensors. Press the button to close the door. The blockage should trigger your door to reverse. If your door does not immediately re-open, make sure the two electronic eyes are aligned and keep them clean with an all purpose cleaner. In the event that your system is still not properly working, one or both of the sensors may need to be replaced.
- Manual Release- Test your garage door's manual release handles. If there is an issue with your opener, this feature allows you to manually open the door. Your owners manual will have proper instructions for use. Knowing how to use this feature is important in the event of an emergency such as entrapment.
- Lubricate- It's important to keep all of the moving parts of your West Islip garage door and opener, lubricated. White lithium grease is great for your opener's chain or screw. Spray lubricants are available for your overhead springs. This could add years to the life of your door and opener.
- Inspect- Inspect the connection between your garage door opener and the electrical outlet. Check for damage like fraying and make sure that it is secure.
- Clean- Wiping your garage door and its opener down with an all purpose cleaner will clear debris, keep your sensors on point, and improve overall function. It's also a good way to notice any cracks, warping, and other damage that can potentially cause expensive malfunctions in your system.
- Tighten- Look out for loose bolts, screws, and roller brackets. Use a socket wrench to tighten them as needed.
- Listen- Listen for abnormal noises and watch out for jerking motions.
Safety When Handling
Don't ignore signs of malfunctions or damage in your garage door or its system. Garage door openers save energy, money, and time. They also provide your home with valuable security measures and personal convenience. Use these tips given to you by West Islip Garage Door Opener Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors to improve the function and quality of your garage door opener. If you need a garage door opener installation, repair, or maintenance, don’t hesitate to call the pros at West Islip Garage Door Opener Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors. This team of technicians is fully licensed, insured, and expertly trained to safely handle all of your West Islip, garage door needs. Make an appointment at your convenience and receive a free estimate as well as knowledgeable answers to all of your questions and concerns. Call Above & Beyond Garage Doors at 631-736-0369 and visit us at AboveBeyondGarageDoors.com for more information.
in Southampton, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Dennis provided outstanding customer service. He was always available and willing to troubleshoot a problem. He was unwilling to charge for his time and advice and took a sincere interest in solving the problems.And was willing to travel the extra miles to reach our home.
in Wading River, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Very prompt and helpful.
in Hauppauge, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Installation service:
I wish all contractors ran their businesses like Above & Beyond do. They called and showed up when they said they would. They had a problem with their truck one morning and called to inform me. And their price was reasonable. This is the way to run a business. Highly recommended!
in Saint James, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Their response was very quick and Dennis came right away. He did everything he said and the garage openers (2) are working fine, within 45 minutes. I would recommend them to others as dependable and knowledgeable, and readily available.
in Holbrook, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Prompt and Knowledgeable