Stony Brook Garage Doors Openers
The average Stony Brook homeowner opens and closes their garage door nearly 1500 times per year. It's safe to say that the garage door is quickly replacing the front door as a primary entrance and exit. Your garage door is an invaluable asset to your home. It protects some of your most precious belongings, it shelters your car, stores tools and equipment, and increases the value of your home. Having a garage door opener system that is reliable and up to date is very important for maintaining proper security and safety.
When is it Time to Replace Your Garage Door Opener
There are ways of determining whether or not it's time for a new garage door opener in your Stonybrook garage.
Is your garage door opener a nuisance? Does it wake up your family members, or cause interruptions? If it does, it may be time to update. Newer garage door opener models have come a long way and can be very quiet in their function.
- It's Old
If your garage door opener is over 10 years old, more than likely it lacks many features that would make it an asset to your home.
- Slow Function
Newer garage door openers are much quicker in their function than older models. It's also not uncommon over time for openers to slow down when operating. If this is the case, it's probably time to upgrade your system.
- Intermittent and Random Operation
Opening and sudden reversing is a common sign of a failing garage door opener. It can potentially be due to faulty electronics within the opener itself. Believe it or not, replacement can actually be less expensive than attempting to repair an old system.
- Not Enough Security
Older garage door systems didn’t come equipped with the advanced security features of newer openers. Updating significantly increases the safety and security of your family, belongings, and home.
- Battery Backup
Nowadays, many garage door systems come with backup batteries that continue working in the event of a black out or power outage. Older models do not have this convenient feature.
- Safety Reversal
Garage door openers that were made before 1993 were not equipped with a safety reversal mechanism. Without this feature, there is a higher risk of injury, such as entrapment. A new garage door opener that includes emergency releases and safety reversals will be sure to increase the safety of you, your family, and even your pets.
Advantages of a New Garage Door Opener
- Prevention of injury and emergency such as entrapment. With an automatic garage door opener, you wont have to worry about getting your fingers caught or hurting yourself while manually opening and closing your door.
- Smart technology makes it possible to open and close your garage door when you aren't even home. A touch of a button on your phone allows you to operate your garage door from virtually anywhere.
- Alerts can be sent to your phone that let you know if your garage door was left open, or if someone else attempted to open in. No more wondering and worrying if you forgot to close it when you left the house.
- Convenience is important to us. No one likes getting out of their cars at night, in the cold, rain, or snow to manually open our garage doors. With an automatics opener, sit tight in your car and open your door with the push of a button.
- Sometimes it's easy to take simple things like light for granted. Automatic garage door openers have built in lighting. This is great for night time. Not only because it's dark, but because you may be alone and sometimes the simplest form of security can be a bright light.
- The opening and closing process doesn't use a lot of energy which is less damaging to the environment.
Automatic Garage Door Openers
Figuring out what type of garage door opener to get can be difficult if you don’t first know the types that there are. The main types of openers all use trolleys for operation. Chain drives use a chain to move the trolley. They can be noisy, but are fairly cheap. This particular opener is best for garages that are detached from homes. Belt drive openers function with a rubber belt. Quieter than a chain drive, this opener is great for homes with garages that are close to living and sleeping quarters. Screw drive garage door openers are probably the simplest of the three to maintain. They use a long steel rod to operate the trolley and have the least amount of parts. Another quiet device, screw drive openers are ideal for all types of garages, but more expensive. Another type of garage door opener is a direct drive. This opener doesn’t use a belt, chain, or screw. The motor itself moves the trolley. Maintenance is very low, but it's probably the most expensive of the bunch.
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:
Knowledgeable and professional! Even gave me advice on how to maintain my garage door throughout the year! Thanks A & B!
in Middle Island, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:They were easy to deal with, professional and efficient. I needed one spring replaced which they were willing to do but recommended that they replace the springs in pairs. They were more than willing to go with whatever my decision was. No pressure. They give a One year warranty on their work. They were fast with minimal noise as I had a sleeping child and that was important to me. I highly recommend them.
in Sound Beach, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Fair price and quick appointment.
in Riverhead, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Came on time. Tech completed job quickly
in Miller Place, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:The key pad no longer worked on the garage door opener. Called this company and within one hour Dennis was at the house, had a new wireless key pad on his truck which was installed and programmed. The cost was very reasonable. The service was excellent.