Riverhead Garage Door Repairs
Your garage door is an asset to you, your family, and your Riverhead home. It enhances safety, security, value, appeal, and convenience. Routine inspections and annual tune-ups are crucial for the preservation, and proper function of your garage door. It's easy to forget about maintenance until something goes wrong. It's also easy to ignore, small, or superficial issues, thinking that they will stay small and superficial. The truth is that neglecting issues no matter how small will ultimately lead to extremely costly repairs, or possible replacement of your entire garage door. There are some things you can do on your own to keep your door working like new for longer and detect potential malfunctions before they get worse.
DIY Garage Door Maintenance
- Watch and listen- No one knows the function of your Riverhead garage door better than you. If you notice your garage door is making odd noises or is jolting/jamming, calling the professionals sooner than later can prevent further damage.
- Keep your garage door clean- Using an all purpose cleaner on your door and its parts not only keeps it clean, but helps you to notice cracks, dents, rust, breaks, and tears. The sooner damaged parts are replaced or fixed, the better.
- Lubricate- The moving parts of your garage door need to be consistently kept lubricated. WD-40, White lithium sprays, and garage door grease will get the job done. Roller brackets, springs, chains, pulleys, etc. will continue to function smoothly when properly lubricated.
- Testing- Test your auto-reverse sensors to ensure the safety of you and your family. Open your garage and block your door with an object, then push the button to close it. The object should activate your sensors and cause your garage door to reverse. If the door doesn’t reverse, make sure the eyes of your sensors are clean and properly adjusted.
- Inspect- Your doors weather stripping at the bottom helps keep elements, pests, and dirt from entering your garage. Wear and tear happens. Luckily they can be purchased at your local hardware store and are easily replaced.
- Tighten- Use a socket wrench to tighten any loose bolts, screws, and roller brackets. Over time, these parts are bound to become loose. This will literally keep your garage door from falling apart.
- Clear the Way- Keep debris, dirt, and any other obstructions off of your garage door's tracks and out of the way of your photo-eye sensors. This will prevent jamming, jolting, and ensure the proper function of your auto-reverse system.
- Check it Out- Your tension cables can get damaged over time. Never attempt to fix them without proper knowledge or training. The force behind those cables can severely injure or possibly kill you if not handled correctly. If you notice damaged springs or cables, bring in the pros.
Bringing in the Professionals
Sometimes garage door maintenance can be as simple as changing the batteries in your door's remote. Other times, it's necessary to call in the professionals. If there are issues that can only be fixed or repaired by an experienced professional, don’t hesitate to call Riverhead Garage Door Repair Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors. 631-736-0369. This fully licensed and insured team of professionals is expertly trained in a wide variety of garage door brands, styles, and systems to ensure proper and quality service. A 24 hour line is available in case of an emergency and free estimates are given by knowledgeable technicians. Fair prices are always guaranteed and trucks arrive at your Riverhead home fully equipped for same day repairs. Call Riverhead Garage Door Repair Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors and schedule an appointment at your convenience. 631-736-0369 and visit us at AboveBeyondGarageDoors.com.
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:
From phone call to fixed and working garage door in less than 18 hours! Showed up on time, professional, friendly, quick and fair prices. Highly recommend and will use again! Thanks Dennis for a great experience. Keep up the great work and customer service!
in Middle Island, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:They were easy to deal with, professional and efficient. I needed one spring replaced which they were willing to do but recommended that they replace the springs in pairs. They were more than willing to go with whatever my decision was. No pressure. They give a One year warranty on their work. They were fast with minimal noise as I had a sleeping child and that was important to me. I highly recommend them.
in Centerport, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
in Smithtown, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
in Huntington, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:My experience was extremely favorable. It was easy to make an appointment and they arrive exactly when they said they would be there.