Nissequogue Garage Door Repairs
Annual and quarterly tune ups are required for the maintenance and proper function of your Nissequogue garage door. As a homeowner, it's easy to forget to make an appointment or even keep up with DIY maintenance. Your garage door is an asset to your home. It provides security and storage for your valuables, vehicles and other belongings. Annual tune ups are necessary to ensure that your door continues to run smoothly and efficiently. Sudden breaks and damage can be extremely inconvenient not only on your busy schedule, but financially as well. Inspections and tune ups can prevent problems from occurring, or tackle them before they get worse. Broken garage door systems can be an invitation for intruders and itself be potentially hazardous to you and your family. Procrastinating on repairs can lead to costly and unavoidable replacements. It's also the difference between a garage door that could last decades and one that must be replaced within a few short years.
Finding the Issue
- Abnormal and irritating noises- Loud squeaking and screeching is a common issue that usually occurs when the moving parts of your garage such as the chains, pulleys, tracks, roller brackets, and other hardware need lubrication. A white lithium spray, WD-40, or garage door grease can be used. Lubricating the components of your garage door should be done every few months.
- Damaged weather sealants- Weather sealants help keep elements such as rain, snow, cold, dirt, noise and pests from entering your garage. Over time, they can crack, or break. Weather sealants can be easily replaced and purchased at your local hardware store.
- Cracks in doors- Cracks are common, especially in traditional wooden doors. Use a waterproof filler or sealant to fill them in and prevent them from worsening.
- Door wont stay closed- Photo eye sensors are a safety reverse feature in your garage door’s system. They help prevent entrapment by re-opening a garage when there is an obstruction in the way. If your garage door keeps opening when you close it, the photo-eye sensors could be dirty, or debris could be blocking its view. Use an all purpose cleaner to keep the photo-eye clean. If this is not the issue, it could be misaligned. Measure from the ground up to the center of each of the photo-eyes on both sides of your garage and make sure that they are evenly aligned.
- Gaps- Small gaps may occur between your garage door and the ground. If this occurs, secure pipe insulation to the part of the door that doesn't properly seal.
- Rusting- Rust can quickly become an unpleasant eye sore. Clean the rusted area with dish soap, then use a cloth soaked in vinegar to rub the rust.
- Broken remote- More often than not, when a garage door remote stops working, it's time to check the batteries. Replace dead batteries and make sure they are inserted correctly. If your garage door remote still doesn't work, you may need to refer to your manual.
- Garage Slams Shut- Natural wear and tear happens. Your Nissequogue garage door’s springs can break over time. If you are present when it happens, you may hear what can sound like a fire cracker going off. Don’t panic, it’s time for a new spring.
Certain parts of your Nissequogue garage door can be extremely dangerous if not handled properly. The cables connected to your door hold enough force to seriously injure, or possibly kill someone. If you are unsure of an issue with your garage door, don’t hesitate to call the professionals at Nissequogue Garage Door Repair Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors. Each technician employed by this fully licensed and insured company, is expertly trained in a wide variety of garage door brands, styles, and systems.
For over 15 years, the team at Above & Beyond Garage Doors has been providing residents of Long Island with quality service they can trust. Above & Beyond Garage Doors offers free estimates to ensure fair pricing. Trucks arrive fully equipped for same day repairs and all options are always discussed. Make an appointment at your convenience and have all of your garage door needs professionally and efficiently handled. Call Nissequogue Garage Door Repair Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors at 631-736-0369 and visit us at AboveBeyondGarageDoors.com for more information.
in Southampton, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:
Service man was friendly, understood my problem immediately and the problem was immediately fixed. Who could ask for more.
in West Islip, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:It did take a week before they got out. However, they did a quick and great job.
in Saint James, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Their response was very quick and Dennis came right away. He did everything he said and the garage openers (2) are working fine, within 45 minutes. I would recommend them to others as dependable and knowledgeable, and readily available.
in Holbrook, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Prompt and Knowledgeable
in Kings Park, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Dennis was very helpful. He tried to assist by phone. When we realized all the suggestions wouldn't work, set an appointment. He arrive promptly and completed the work quickly. He advised to call if any problems in future. Excellent service.