Nesconset Garage Door Repairs
The average Nesconset homeowner opens and closes their garage door over 1500 times per year. The garage door is not only the largest moving part of a home, but is also its most prominent feature. A properly maintained and functioning garage door can increase a homes value by between 1%-4%. It's also commonly a reflection of an owner's personal style and aesthetics. It's not often realized that a garage door should be tuned up by professionals annually.
Keeping up with the maintenance of your garage door will have it working and looking like new longer. Neglecting your door can result in costly repairs and possible replacement. There are steps you can take throughout the year to keep your garage door running smooth, and looking fresh. These DIY tasks may not be a solution to all garage door malfunctions or damage, but can certainly keep you aware and allow you to notice an issue before it's too late.
DIY Maintenance Tips For Your Nesconset Garage Door
Keep it clean- Using an all purpose cleaner to wipe down your garage door and its parts not only keeps it clean, but helps you to notice cracks, dents, rust, breaks, warping, chips, tears and other damage. The sooner damaged parts are replaced or repaired, the better. Things that seem small and superficial at first can end up being huge burdens in the future if they are not properly addressed.
- Lubrication- The moving parts of your garage door should always be lubricated. Every couple of months or so, you should use garage door grease on the springs, roller brackets, tracks, trolleys, pulleys, etc. This will keep your door quieter and ensure that it runs smoothly.
- Stay Aware- After a while of using your garage door, you become familiar with its function. Be sure to watch and listen. If you notice your door is making odd noises or is jolting/jamming, calling the professionals sooner than later can prevent further damage.
- Test What You Can- Open your garage and block your door with an object, then push the button to close it. The object should activate your photo-cell sensors and cause your garage door to reverse. If the door doesn’t reverse, make sure the eyes of your sensors are clean and properly adjusted. Open your garage door half way and see if it stays. If it slams shut too quickly or has trouble opening at all, you may have damaged springs.
- Inspect- Check the weather stripping at the bottom of your door. Wear and tear happens. Replacing a damaged weather strip will help keep elements, pests, and dirt out of your home. You can purchase weather seals at your local hardware store.
- Tighten- Use a socket wrench to tighten any loose bolts, screws, and roller brackets.
- Keep it Clear- Keep debris and dirt off of your garage door's tracks and away from its reverse sensors. Obstructions can cause a door to jam or come off its tracks.
- Examine- check tension cables for damage, but never attempt to fix them without proper knowledge or training. The force behind those cables can severely injure or possibly kill you if not handled correctly.
Bring in the Professionals
DIY maintenance is a great way to maintain your Nesconset garage door's proper function. Sometimes it's necessary to bring in the professionals. Nesconset Garage Door Repair Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors has been serving Long Island for over 15 years. They are a fully licensed and insured company. Technicians are thoroughly trained in a large variety of garage door brands and styles. This is to ensure the smooth and proper service of all of your garage door needs.
After scheduling an appointment at your convenience, professionals arrive in fully equipped trucks to provide quick and easy, same day service. Free estimates are given to be sure that you are getting the fair price that you deserve. A 24 hour line is offered in the case of emergencies. No job is too small or big for the team at Nesconset Garage Door Repair Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors. If you are in need of garage door service, maintenance, tune-ups, repairs, etc. call Above & Beyond Garage Doors today at 631-736-0369.
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Very professional
in Commack, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Great experience with Above and Beyond, Dennis was honest, communicated really well, and was very helpful. The men that came to do the work were punctual, knowledgeable, and did a great job. I highly recommend using Above and Beyond!
in Riverhead, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:technician was cordial, assessed the problem in minutes and fixed immediately and was reasonably priced. He arrived at my house within an hour of calling. Would use this company again and highly recommend them.
in Sound Beach, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Fair price and quick appointment.
in West Islip, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:These guys showed up the same day I called and fixed my garage door in about 30 minutes. Great service.