Lake Grove Garage Door Repairs
Sometimes its easy to forget to have your Lake Grove garage door annually inspected and maintained. It's not often realized just how much we use our garage doors. On average a homeowner opens and closes their garage door over 1500 times per year. Over time, natural wear and tear can occur. Certain parts of your garage door will need to be repaired or replaced. It's inevitable and staying aware and ahead of these issues can significantly increase the quality and longevity of your door. Ignoring malfunctions or damage that seem small at the time can lead to much bigger problems and potential replacement of your entire garage door.
Taking the Right Steps
Taking a bit of time once in a while out of your busy day to do a bit of maintenance on your garage door can significantly enhance its function. It can also help you be aware of deeper issues and tackle them before they get worse. Here are a few things you can do yourself to maintain your Lake Grove garage door.
- Make sure that your door's bolts, screws, and roller brackets are kept tight. Use a socket wrench and screw driver. The constant use of your garage door can loosen your hardware over time.
- Keep your door clean! Using an all purpose cleaner to wipe it down not only keeps it looking sleek and fresh, but also enables you to find cracks, rust, chips, and other flaws in your door.
- Removing debris and any blockages from your tracks will prevent misalignment and unnecessary malfunctions.
- Moving parts should be checked throughout the year and lubricated. White lithium is great for the opener's chain or screw. Penetrating spray solvents like WD-40 or a citrus-based solvent are perfect for overhead springs, hinges, rollers tracks, and latches. Wipe a little oil on the torsion springs, and pulley's on the extension-spring openers. These simple tasks can prevent rusting, binding, and replacement.
- Inspect the rubber weather strip on the bottom of your garage door for cracks and weaknesses. This is important for keeping not only the elements out, but pests, and dirt as well.
- Probably the easiest on this list is to simply listen. Keep an ear out for odd noises like abnormal screeching and creaking. It may not seem very helpful, but being aware can catch future malfunctions or prevent existing ones from getting any worse.
- Look over your cables near the bottom roller bracket for broken strands and damage. You should never attempt to tinker with the high tension cables on your own, unless you have the proper knowledge and experience. This is because the force of these cables is tremendous and can kill you if they are handled improperly. If you notice damage, call in the professionals.
Above & Beyond Garage Doors
DIY maintenance will certainly help keep your Lake Grove garage door operating smoothly, but it should still be inspected annually. For routine maintenance, repair, replacement, and other services, there's a company you can trust. Lake Grove Garage Door Repair Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors provides quality service throughout Long Island. Each technician is expertly trained in a wide variety of garage door styles, brands, and systems. Free estimates are given to make sure you get the fairest of prices. A 24 hour line is offered in the event of an emergency, and trucks arrive fully equipped for same day service. Call Lake Grove Garage Door Repair Company, Above & Beyond Garage Doors today and make an appointment at your convenience. 631-736-0369.
in Commack, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Although no work was required, Dennis was very thorough and diagnosed problem immediately. Was able to correct problem immediately with no charge. Highly recommend them and would absolutely use them in future.
in Lindenhurst, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Very very happy!
in West Islip, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:It did take a week before they got out. However, they did a quick and great job.
in Middle Island, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:They were easy to deal with, professional and efficient. I needed one spring replaced which they were willing to do but recommended that they replace the springs in pairs. They were more than willing to go with whatever my decision was. No pressure. They give a One year warranty on their work. They were fast with minimal noise as I had a sleeping child and that was important to me. I highly recommend them.
in Kings Park, NY, NY
( out of 5 )
Comments about our Garage Door Repair service:Dennis was very helpful. He tried to assist by phone. When we realized all the suggestions wouldn't work, set an appointment. He arrive promptly and completed the work quickly. He advised to call if any problems in future. Excellent service.