Homestead Non-Insulated and Insulated Carriage Style Garage Door
Homestead Carriage House Steel Garage Doors
- 24-gauge steel and superior finish combined with an elegant and distinctive look.
- For homeowners or home builders who want the timeless look of carriage house doors, combined with the durability and low maintenance of pre-finished 24-gauge steel, General Doors offers the Homestead Series.
Our Homestead Carriage House door offers a great combination of features and value. In addition to ﬁne detailing and low maintenance, the Homestead Carriage House door offers homeowners many great features like:
- Our 24-gauge construction is 17% thicker than 25 gauge and 31% thicker than 26-gauge
- Natural woodgrain texture with a beaded panel design
- Unique center bead creates authentic old-time swinging door look
- 24 gauge hot-dipped galvanized steel skin (17% thicker than 25 gauge steel)
- Durable 2-coat baked-on polyester paint finish 2” thick sections assembled using Tog-L-Lock fastening system Resilient bottom weatherstrip in aluminum retainer to minimize air infiltration
- Heavy duty hardware and standard design full leaf hinges
- Heavy duty track with our exclusive elliptical curve for smooth operation
- One-year limited warranty overall 10-year limited warranty against rust-through on door sections
- Rivet-free door surface creates smooth, uniform look
- Optional factory installed 1-1/2” polystyrene insulation with a vinyl backing increases R-value to 6.85
- DISTINCTIVE BEADED PANEL PROVIDES MORE AUTHENTIC DETAIL
- REALISTIC TOP AND BOTTOM SPACING PROVIDE APPROPRIATE SURFACE FOR MOUNTING EVEN LARGE DECORATIVE HARDWARE
- STANDARD WIDTHS: 8', 9', 10', 16' & 18'
- STANDARD HEIGHTS: 6'6, 7'0, 7'6, 8'0 (8' is 5 sections high)
- SPECIAL ORDER WIDTHS: Available up to 20'. Consult with your dealer.
Number of Panels Accross
- 6' to 7'6 wide – 3 panels
- 7'8 to 10' wide – 4 panels
- 12' to 15' wide – 6 panels
- 16' to 18' wide – 8 panels 20' wide – 10 panels
Face Dimensions of Top & Bottom Rail
- 6'6" height: 2 1/2", 7' height: 5 1/2"
- 7'6" height: 4 1/4", 8' height: 4 1/2"
- Arctic White
Garage door windows have a great deal to do with the overall look of any garage door. General Doors’ Homestead doors up to 10’ wide are available with either two windows (long panel) or four windows (short panel), plus several distinctive design trim styles that work a variety of architecture. Wider doors have different layouts. Colors matched frames and design trim inserts that snap-in and snap-out for easy glass cleaning are standard.
The decorative hardware of General Doors is an ideal way to customize a Homestead Carriage House Door. Inspired by antique carriage door hardware and available in wrought iron or flat black, this finishing touch can transform the look of any door and even the look of your home.
There’s a Homestead Carriage House Door for Every Garage
- Details distinguish well designed doors from ordinary doors. Details define style. Homestead Carriage House Doors feature deep beaded panels and an exclusive center bead. Details make the difference.
- Exclusive center bead enhances swing door look
- Distinctive beaded panel provides more authentic detail
- Decorative hardware available in wrought iron or flat black
- 24-gauge steel is thicker and more dent resistant; Your door will look better longer
- Durable two coat baked-on polyester finish on top of G40 hot-dipped galvanized steel
- Resilient vinyl weather strip minimizes air infiltration
- 10-year limited warranty against rust-through. One-year limited warranty overall
- Green Building Benefits such as energy saving from insulation value, recycled content, and product longevity