Choosing a garage door for your home is not just about looks. It’s also important to consider practicality and durability. Over time, your door will experience the normal wear and tear of life. The Advantage Carriage House Insulated Steel Garage Door combines distinctive carriage house designs and superior insulated steel construction to create the perfect blend of elegance and strength. It will never rot, warp, or expand and is extremely energy efficient. Keep the elements, pests, and dirt outside where they belong while keeping the temperature of your garage regulated. Choosing a steel carriage house door offers the broadest range of color, insulation, and price options. Show off your personal style with unique details and customized windows that allow sunlight to shine through. Modified hardware will provide the rustic charm that you’ve been looking for. The Advantage Estate door mimics the style of a timeless carriage house door and creates the illusion of the classic swing out feature. A wood grain finish is sure to capture attention while maintaining the sturdiness and durability of steel. Effortlessly enhance the curb appeal, safety, security, and value of your home with this low maintenance, Advantage Estate Insulated Steel Garage Door.For homeowners or home builders who want the timeless look of carriage house doors, the insulation value of a stable polystyrene core, and the strength and practicality of pre-finished steel, General Doors offers a very cost effective alternative in the beaded panel design of the Advantage Estate line of doors.
- Three layer construction using 26 gauge G-60 galvanized steel skins inside and outside.
- Natural wood grain texture with a distinctive beaded panel design.
- Unique center bead simulates authentic old-time swinging carriage door look.
- Durable 2-coat baked on polyester paint finish on both sides of door.
- Sandwich type construction with 1-3/8” polystyrene insulation, pressure bonded between two skins of 26 gauge hot-dipped galvanized steel (R-value 6.7).
- Sandwich (three layer) construction provides exceptional strength, stability, and a substantial, solid feel during operation.
- Double tongue and groove joint for the tightest section fit possible.
- Thermal break between steel skins.
- Heavy-duty track with our exclusive elliptical curve for smooth operation.
- Heavy-duty hardware and commercial grade 14 gauge full leaf hinges are standard.
- Three-year hardware warranty.
- Arctic White
Garage door windows have a great deal to do with the overall look of any garage door. General Doors’ Advantage Estate doors up to 10’ wide are available with either two windows (long panel) or four windows (short panel), plus several distinctive design trim styles that work with a variety of architecture. Wider doors have different layouts. Color matched frames and design trim inserts that snap-in and snap-out for easy glass cleaning are standard.
The decorative hardware of general doors is an ideal way to customize an Advantage Estate door. Inspired by antique carriage door hardware and available in wrought iron or flat black, this finishing touch can transform the look of any door and even the look of the home.
There’s an Advantage Estate Door for Every Garage
- Sandwich-type construction with 26 gauge steel on both sides.
- Durable two coat baked-on polyester finish on top of G-60 hot dipped galvanized steel, inside and out.
- Space to mount decorative hinges.
- Exclusive center-bead enhances swing door look.
- Unique, double tongue-in-groove joint with thermal break.
- Sharply defined beaded panels.
- Resilient vinyl weather strip minimizes air filtration.
Details distinguish well designed doors from ordinary doors. Details define style. Advantage Estate doors feature deep beaded panels and an exclusive center bead. Details make the difference. Take advantage of the lifetime limited warranty against rust-through and/or delamination of door face. Ask for complete warranty information.
Green Building Benefits
Energy savings from insulation value and local manufacturing, recycled content, and productive longevity.
Advantage Estate Insulated Steel Garage Doors
For homeowners or home builders who want the timeless look of carriage house doors, the insulation value of a stable polystyrene core, and the strength and practicality of pre-finished steel, General Doors offers a very cost effective alternative in the beaded panel design of the Advantage Estate line of doors.
- 8’, 9’, 10’, 16’ and 18’
- Special order widths are available up to 18’
- Standard heights:
- 6’6, 7’0, 7’6, and 8’0