Landcaster Series Carriage Style Garage Door with Vinyl Overlay
To create the look of depth and subtle sophistication, a steel four-layer sandwich construction garage door with flush panels can be modified with vinyl to create the perfect design to match any home. The bright white vinyl overlay highlights the design of these carriage house doors. Expansion due to increased temperature is not an issue. The white surface of the overlay reflects most of the sun’s rays. Adding custom window frames and decorative hardware is sure to enhance the appearance of any steel garage door. The Vinyl overlay adds detail that defines style and can distinguish your garage door from the rest. Flush panels are built with the highest quality materials that not only look great but have virtually maintenance free exteriors. Choose from a variety of door sizes and elegant colors finished with natural wood grain texture. Get the timeless look of a wooden carriage house door with the strength and durability of steel. These long-lasting doors wont chip, expand, rot, or warp. Not only can you boost the curb appeal and value of your residence, but you also increase safety and security with a new steel garage door with vinyl overlay.
For homeowners or home builders who want the timeless look of an authentic carriage house door, including an oversize window section, built on an insulated core with virtually maintenance-free materials, General Doors offers the Lancaster Series of overhead garage doors.
- Four-layer construction using full 26-gauge G-60 galvanized steel skins inside and outside a solid PVC overlay
- Unlimited classic carriage house designs are available by combining any of four base colors, eight door designs, eight window options, and a large selection of applied decorative hardware
- Four-layer sandwich-type construction using prefinished materials (steel + insulation + steel + PVC overlay)
- 1-3/8” polystyrene core and a thermal break between inside and outside skins result in R-value of 6.7
- Double tongue and groove joint for the tightest section fit possible
- Durable two-coat baked-on polyester finish on both sides of base door
- Cellular PVC overlay is totally moisture and insect resistant meaning no rust, cupping, warping, or splitting
- Use of one-piece sheet of PVC eliminates seams in overlay
- Details like molded edges and center kerf create a finished look
- Heavy-duty hardware includes nylon rollers for quiet operation and full leaf 14 gauge hinges
We can accommodate a variety of door heights and widths
- 8’, 9’, 10’, 16’ and 18’
- 6’6” and 7’- 3 section
- 7’6” and 8’-4 section
Base Door Colors
- Bright White
- Arctic White
All overlay design boards and widow trim are available in Bright White only. The Arctic White base color takes on a light gray appearance by comparison that serves to highlight the overlay design.
The white surface on the PVC overlay as it is supplied reflects most of the sun’s rays, so expansion due to increased temperature is not a problem. However, painting PVC can change this by creating a surface that absorbs much more heat from sunlight. This property is measured by LRV (light reflective value) of the paint. A lower value, usually a darker color, absorbs more heat. If exposed to direct sun, this could cause expansion and bowing of the overlay. Avoid painting the PVC with a paint having an LRV value of less than 55. Doing so will void the warranty. Painting the base steel door with a high quality exterior latex paint will not cause any problems. Consider using a Cambridge Model door with composite overlays if a darker color scheme is required.
Garage door windows have a great deal to do with the overall look of any garage door. The lite styles shown here can be matched with any door design except for the barn style designs, which are solid only.
The decorative hardware of General Doors is an ideal way to customize a Lancaster door. Inspired by antique carriage door hardware and available in wrought iron or flat black, this finishing touch can transform the look of any door and even the look of the home.
There’s a Lancaster Door for Every Garage
- One-piece overlay eliminates seams that can open-up or curl
- Solid PVC with precision milled molded edges add architectural detail to doors
- Space to mount decorative hinges above section joint
- Center kerf enhances swing door look
- Bright white color overlays highlight door design
- Base door has natural woodgrain texture
- Limited lifetime warranty against rust-though and a five-year warranty against delamination of overlays.
- Green Building Benefits such as energy savings from insulation value, local manufacturing, recycled content, and product longevity
Details distinguish well designed doors from ordinary doors. Details define style. Take the time to compare General Doors with any other manufacturer. You will see the difference.